Storm Law Attorneys in Cypress
Know Your Rights When You Experience Storm Damage
Storm damage to your home can be a devastating event that can ruin your cherished possessions and turn everything in your life upside down. Then you have to deal with the insurance company, which you have been making monthly payments to for years. Insurance companies are more concerned with collecting money each month and their bottom line than they are with helping you after a disaster.
If your possessions or home have been damaged by a storm and you are not getting the right answers from your insurance company and the compensation your insurance policy calls for, contact an experienced storm damage attorney about your rights in such an event and learn of your legal options
At Oxner Legha Law Firm, we are Texas attorneys that live and work in Texas, so we are familiar with how bad and devastating Texas storms can be. In fact, during Hurricane Harvey, when Attorney Jason Oxner and Attorney Arpita Legha were working with another firm, our office flooded and we pretty much lost everything. The law firm of ten people was run out of Attorney Jason Oxner’s home while the building was repaired. So we are intimately familiar with the horrors of being flooded and affected by a storm.
The Oxner Legha Law Firm has helped clients across the state make sure that insurance companies of all sizes are forced to honor their commitment to those that hold their insurance policies. We meet with our clients over the phone or in person to learn specifically what happened to them. We like to become intimately involved in knowing what happened so we can effectively represent your case and get the money that the insurance companies owe to you.
Dealing with storm damage can be frustrating and difficult with everything that is going on. We have the necessary knowledge to help you acquire the right compensation to fix and repair your home, business, or property.
When you have experienced storm damage, weather damage, hail damage, and this has affected your life and you are having trouble with your insurance company, contact us today for a free case consultation.
What Can A Storm Damage Attorney Do To Help You With Your Storm Damage Claim?
People that have lived in Texas know that the storms and hurricanes that pass through our great state can cause major damage. Even when Texans are aware that a storm is coming and they are prepared, they cannot stop nature’s fury as it wrecks havoc on anything in its path. Up and down the gulf coast, the storms have been awful to Texans within the last 20 years. The state has been experiencing some of the worst flooding in its history. After a storm passes through Texas, it leaves incredible damage to people’s property and homes. And when this damage occurs, people turn to their insurance companies to rebuild. But insurance companies are not as cooperative as a policy holder was led to believe when they signed up.
When you have experienced storm damage from wind, flooding, rain, hail or some other weather event, you need to contact an experienced storm damage attorney about your claim. Making a storm damage claim to your insurance company can be difficult and complex. Insurance companies may try and deny your claim and the coverage that you are entitled to. Our law firm has experienced firsthand when insurance companies will ask leading questions to lead the company or home owner down a path where they are trying to deny the claim. An experienced attorney can assist you in building your insurance claim, provide the right direction to support your case with the proper evidence, and help determine how much compensation and money you are entitled to from the insurers. Our law firm can also be your voice during any negotiations or litigation that takes place. Given all of the stress that happens after a storm, let us take on that stress and on your behalf. Let us be your voice.
When your belongings and home have suffered storm damage, do not place all of your trust in your insurance company and believe they are going to get you what you are entitled to. Get help from a licensed attorney who is professional and knows how to take on insurance companies and knows how to win.
What Types Of Storm Damage Do We Handle?
- Wind Damage. Hurricanes, tornadoes, severe thunderstorms, wind gusts, and other major storms that come through, even when you have everything nailed down and you are prepared, can still result in serious damage. Unfortunately, even if you have everything taken care of on your property, does not mean that your neighbors do. Items and property can be become airborne and high winds and flying objects can damage your home. Windows can become shattered by flying objects. Trees that have been planted for decades can become uprooted and cause significant damage to homes, roofs, and property. When windows are shattered, water can get in and ruin everything.
- Electrical Line Damage. Although uncommon, electrical lines near residential homes and commercial buildings can cause destruction to your home and property. It is imperative to know your rights as a property and homeowner. Depending on where you live, the city or county may be responsible for any damage to your home or property. Do not let a city or county dismiss your claim to them and write it off. It is important to know your rights as a homeowner and property owner.
- Roof Damage. Damage to a home or commercial roof are one of the more common events from storms and hurricanes. When you combine high winds and heavy rains with flying debris, it is inevitable that roofs will experience serious damage. Even when a small hole opens up in the roof, or a small leak, can lead to significant damage. Storms have also been known to blow off shingles, gutters, tiles, and in some terrible situations, the whole roof can be ripped off in seconds. Any of these events spell trouble for your home and property. Do not let insurance companies trick you into thinking you are not covered.
- Water Damage. Texas is becoming all too familiar with flooding and water damage as seen in the past 20 years. Flash floods are becoming increasingly more common and devastating. Homes and properties that have never flooded are flooding. Water is getting in within just a few minutes and completely ruining the home and its contents. Even with the best drainage and preparation, homes are still flooding. Builders are trying to construct homes higher and avoid flooding, but even with the most experienced betters, these buildings are still flooding. If your home or property has been affected by flood or water, you may be entitled to money for your loses.
- Hail Damage. Without warning, hail can come pounding down in isolated areas and cause serious damage to your roof, property, and buildings. Unfortunately, many people in Texas and the gulf coast have experienced the destruction that hail can bring when it unleashes itself on the area. Hail can shatter windows, dent cars, ruin roofs, and cause unforeseen damage to your home and property.
- Tree Damage. As homes mature and its property’s trees get bigger, they can come crashing down in a storm and go through your roof or total your car. You may be entitled to money and compensation if this occurs. It is important to know your rights after a storm and if a tree on your property or your neighbor’s causes significant damage.
- Flying Debris Damage. During a storm, anything that is not secured to the ground can become airborne. Flying debris is a significant problem during storms. Tornadoes can pick up large debris and toss it around, causing serious damage. Even when items are properly secured, they can become loose through no fault of anyone and are at the mercy of the weather and its winds. If flying debris has caused damage to your property, do let us know as you may be entitled to compensation.
If you have suffered any of the above, or even something that we did not mention, you may be entitled to compensation and money. The attorneys and staff at the Oxner Legha Law Firm are experienced in storm damage and weather related losses and can provide you with insight into what your rights are. We can meet with you in person or over the phone to learn more about what happened.
The Oxner Legha Law Firm has experienced attorneys and staff that know your rights when you experience property loss as a result of a storm. We serve all residents of Texas. We are located in Cypress and can be near you with just a phone call.